Offered in Barrie Location & Ontario Virtually.GRIEF & loSS tHERAPY
What is Greif & Loss Therapy?
Grief is the reaction you have to a loss in your life. This loss can refer to the death of a friend, family member, colleague, or pet; or a less “tangible” loss, like that of a job, relationship, or the loss of physical or cognitive abilities or something that was once routine in your life. We all have some idea of what we might expect grief to look and feel like. It’s important to know that everyone grieves in unique ways, and it’s okay if your grief differs from those around you.
Grief & bereavement therapy provides a safe, evidence-informed space to facilitate healing. Grief & bereavement therapy is a collaborative process, intrinsically flexible to your unique grief journey. It provides a supportive and understanding environment where you can explore emotions and experiences related to your loss, and build resilience to find a life worth living once again.
Common Feelings Associated with Grief
- Intense sadness, anger, guilt, confusion, and even numbness.
- Emotional ups and downs that can be unpredictable and overwhelming
- Fatigue, exhaustion, and disrupted sleep patterns.
- Appetite changes, which could lead to weight loss or gain.
- Physical aches, pains, and tension
- Difficulty concentrating, making decisions and memory loss
- A sense of disconnection from others
- Regretting missed opportunities to spend time or show appreciation.
- Increased feelings of anxiety and worry about the future
- Engaging in various coping strategies such as avoidance, overworking, isolation or substance use
What to Expect FromGrief & Loss Therapy
Your therapist will work to validate the pain of grief, de-stigmatize grief and loss, and decrease isolation and other debilitating effects of grief. Your therapist will also educate you on what you can expect as you move through your grief journey offering support along the way.
We understand how isolating and debilitating grief can be, and how scary and confusing it is to make sense of loss and move forward in your life. You do not have to endure your grief alone. We are here to help.